Monday, June 13, 2011

Chicken Gyros

Chicken Gyros

I found a recipe for delicious Chicken Gyros online awhile back.
I tweaked it to make it my own
This is the result...A very wonderful warm weather dinner.
When I do my meal planning  I like to have "warm weather" meals on the list
This one tops the list!

 Chicken Marinade:
Greek Vinaigrette, Lemon Juice, Black Pepper, and Oregano
Whisk together

 Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate until ready to grill
 The Cucumber Sauce aka. Tzatziki Sauce
Sour Cream, Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Dill, Cucumber, Rice Vinegar, Olive Oil, Mediterranean Seasoning

 Put all the ingredients on a bowl
 Mix Well-
 I use a bowl with a nice lid.... you will want to let the sauce set for an hour or more
 Mix together some Roma Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
 MMMmmmmm
Warm the Pita Bread

 Grill and Slice the Chicken
One of my biggest fans...my MAN!!

Enjoy!
Carla <><

Chicken Gyros:

Chicken Marinade:
3/4 Cup Greek Vinaigrette
3 TB Lemon Juice
1 TB Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Tzatziki Sauce:
1/2 Shredded Cucumber
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 TB Lemon Juice
1/2 TB Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 clove Garlic-minced (I use a Garlic Press)
1 TB Chopped Fresh Dill
1 1/2 tsp Mediterranean Seasoning
Pepper to taste

Pita Bread
Lettuce
Red Onion
Olives-optional

How to assemble:
Warm Pita
Lettuce
Chicken
Red Onion
Feta/Roma Mixture
Tkatziki Sauce

You will love em'

Find us over at:

Comfy in the Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. Wow Carla! These look delicious! And I love your new family picture on your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and easy!! Happy Friday. {visiting from Janelle's linky}

    lisa@ thepearsonfamilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiffany! :)

    @Lisa- Thanks you for visiting! They make wonderful leftovers as well. Hubby and I both enjoy them for a few days! The sauce is also great with raw veggies! Come back soon!

    Carla <><

    ReplyDelete