Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who do you work for?



I was blessed to be raised in a family where I had responsibility.
I had chores and I was expected to do them.
I am thankful for the work ethic instilled in me by my parents.

However, getting married almost 9 years ago and taking the reins of my own household was a bit overwhelming.

If I didn't keep the house clean, dishes done, and laundry up.
It was not going to get done.
I had to make a choice to look at that work as drudgery or as a beautiful way of serving the Lord and my family.

I choose the latter.
I have learned to use my time more wisely
I learned to enjoy scrubbing toilets, and washing dishes.

WHY?

Because I work for my Heavenly Father.
I am bringing glory and honor to Him by keeping my home.

So, I plan my meals, cleaning routine, and homeschooling.
I invest in the lives of my children-training and teaching
I want to make a difference for eternity.
I know the truth.  We will all pass away.
Our homes, cars, money, and stuff will all burn.
What we do for Christ will last.
So, make today count for eternity!



As whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord. and not unto men -Colossians 3:23

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.- Matthew 25:40

**Just a side note. I have a wonderful husband who is very helpful. He works hard for our family outside of the home: that makes me want to work hard for our family within the home**

(I am thankful for the Lord's work in my life- I'm still learning and growing everyday)

Blessings,
Carla <><

Find this post at:



1 comment:

  1. Carla, a wonderful reminder. A dear friend once told me,"If it doesn't count for eternity, it's not worth doing." Thanks for this post. I'm stopping by from the Homemaker by Choice blog hop.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete