Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fruit Prep

So, you want to have a wonderful fresh fruit smoothie, but it is the dead of winter.  What is a girl to do?
A little prep and you can have those wonderful smoothies anytime you want. Spring.Summer.Fall.Winter.
I buy up as much fruit as I can at one time- usually when it's on sale- or at Sam's Club
I clean and prep the fruit and then freeze and bag it until I'm ready to use it.
I do this with banana's, strawberries, blueberries, mango, pineapple, and kiwi.

We were getting low on berries this week.  Perfect chance to show you just how it's done!

Gather your favorite fruits

 Wash well

 Peel fruit and dice

 Place fruit on cooking sheet-perfect for freezing

Ready for the freezer

Remove from freezer once the fruit is just frozen-break loose with a spatula
 Bag and freeze!!
Now, I'm off to make a smoothie!!
Hope you enjoy!
~Carla <><

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! I plan on taking the family to pick strawberries this summer, and I will be doing this for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love having berries on hand!
    Shalom,
    Moira

    ReplyDelete