Friday, January 14, 2011

Homemade Salsa

Well....sort of!!

I have a great recipe for canning salsa.  My problem was after all the work of cleaning, blanching, and cutting the tomatoes, and all the other work that goes into making the salsa.  Plus once I had it canned my husband could devour a batch in a few days.  I was on a mission to find a better way.  After looking over about 20 recipes online I developed my own.  So, now you can have fresh homemade salsa year round.  Just be careful...it is addictive!!  I hope you enjoy!!

~Carla <><

Mexican Stewed Tomatoes, Salt, Garlic, Green Chilies, Fresh Cilantro, Lime, Red Onion


 Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender

Lots of Cilantro!

Pulse until desired consistency-I like it chopped fine :)

Enjoy!!


Homemade Salsa:

2 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
1/2 large red onion
2 cloves garlic -pressed or chopped
1 lime juiced
1 tsp salt
1 7oz can green chilies
2 big handfuls of fresh cilantro
(you could add chopped jalapeno-for heat)
Refridgerate overnight- or at least 2 hours ;)
Makes 6 cups

I'm Feasting in Fellowship over at:

No comments:

Post a Comment